Sometimes you might need to find out what is your public IP address. Depending on your network configuration it might not be straightforward. There are many ways to determine your IP address. Here are few.
1. Click “Start” and select “Run”
2. In box that appears type “cmd” (without quotes) and click “OK”
3. “Dos box” will appear. Type in it “ipconfig” (without quotes) and press enter.
4. Your IP will be shown.
Network Connections status
1. Click “Start” and select “Control panel”
2. Click on “Network and Internet Connections”
3. Click on “Network Connections”
4. Find your connection icon, right click on it and select “Status”
5. Click on “Support” tab, and you will see your IP address.
Visit internet page that shows your IP
Depending on your network configuration, you can be behind firewall or router and you cannot see your public IP by using other methods on this page. If this is a case, visit this page What Is my IP address to see your public IP address.
Use freeware utility
Download and run this free utility BySoft Network Monitor and you will see your IP address and lots of other information about your connection (or multiple connections, depending on your computer configuration)